blinded by the excessive quoting [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael_welch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 7 15:56:26 PST 2003

Hello Wrenches. Just a reminder to be selective of the text that you quote in your replies. This otherwise interesting thread, for example, has quoted footers and text going all the way back to the original.

Please quote just enough text so that folks get the idea what the thread is about.

While I am at it,  a reminder not to send business leads to this list. The RE-Markets list does accept lead posts, however.

Below is what the Wrenches came up with when we decided to stop posting leads here.

1. If you get a lead you cannot handle, then either send it directly to someone you think will be interested (but not the list) or,
2. Send them a piece of email giving them reference to find someone else, like the www.i2p.org web site and www.homepower.com/inbiz.htm

Here's some suggested wording for email inquiries, the person first receiving the contact could send the potential client a piece of email that says:

"Thanks for your interest in XXX Solar. Unfortunately, we do not do work in your geographical location. Here are some resources for you to find a reputable installing dealer near you. www.i2p.org is a professional organization of people that specialize in RE sales and installation. If you do not find something suitable there, try www.homepower.com/inbiz.htm which is a larger, more loosely gathered database of companies.

If neither of those resources have what you are looking for, please email me again at the above address, and I will help you find someone to work with on your project"

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com