lightning arrestors [RE-wrenches]

David Blittersdorf davidb at nrgsystems.com
Fri Mar 7 11:47:21 PST 2003

A heads up on the LA lightning arrestors. If you take one apart, all they
are is a can of beach sand with spaced electrodes. They call them
"silicon" because of the sand. There is a big question in my mind if they
really work. I know varistors work but these things to me are sand-filled
spark gaps.

Regards,

David Blittersdorf

NRG Systems, Inc.