DC hydronics ZONE VALVES [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel dana at solarwork.com
Wed Mar 5 06:52:04 PST 2003

Has anyone measured a 24VAC zone valve held ope for load?
I realize that the transformer is the major  load but what does a zone valve
pull.

Anyone ever measured a Danfoss DC zone valve?

I am looking at using ac actuated ball valves pulse to open and pulse to
close.
Any experience with these out there?

My thought, [after using many ELCID pumps and the costof  4, 5, and 6 pumps
per system plus solar soft check valves and isolation ball valves for
service of pumps on each zone], is to use 1 or possibly 2 small Grundfoss
and a couple of actuated ball valves for the zone valves. Yes , it uses AC
but the cost would go down [esp. labor and materials for the manifolding]
and reliability would go up massively. It is one of those cases for ok maybe
you add 1 or 2 PV modules to off set the minor extra on the ac pump and the
inverter "efficiencies". Any Thoughts?

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm