DC hydronics (was Energy efficient pumps) [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 06:03:56 PST 2003

"Twice an El-Sid has failed to circulate. In each case I was working
and
my wife identified the stuck pump"

This is the main reason we design our hydronic heating loops with only
one or two slightly larger pumps and rely on zone valves for room zone
control.  The slightly larger pump has less problems with stalling or
low head pressure, and since you need fewer pumps, you end up with
about the same energy usage.  We also are careful with zone valve
selection, since some brands use very little or no power after moving
to the desired open or closed position, and some require constant
power to hold open.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com