SW4048 remote start query [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Feb 28 17:32:55 PST 2003

Hmmm. My recollection of Orcas doesn't include temperatures cold enough to
require a block heater for anything other than a Diesel engine.
Propane-fired sets should start immediately in anything down to 10 or 12
degrees F. Why the heater? Maybe you have other problems with the engine.

The amperage draw for the spot heater is really bad when coming from an
already low battery bank. Maybe the SW's are trying to save you! ;-)

Time for a new generator?

Matt T