600 VDC switches [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue Feb 11 11:32:21 PST 2003

Travis,

I spoke with a Cutler Hammer engineer some time back and he said that they
ship the 600Vdc switches with the jumper already installed. I believe they
normally switch the middle and left poles rather than the two outer poles as
with the Square D switch. I'm sure it will handle 600 Vdc if you install the
jumper yourself, but it needs to say somewhere on the box or in the
cutsheets that it can handle 600 Vdc.

With this new news from Square D, there is no question as to what switch to
use for a multiple inverter situation.

Bill.