SB's in high temperature (was lemmings) [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Thu Feb 6 15:22:31 PST 2003

Joel,

There is no consistent rating criteria for inverters so take your pick on
what rating you would like.

The 2.5 kW rating is for 25C as I understand it (indoor conditioned space).
Most inverter manufacturers use this as their rating criteria (for obvious
reasons). This is not nearly as rediculous as rating a PV module at
25C--what a joke that is.

If all manufacturers used 45C as a rating criteria we would find very
different rating numbers.

Moral of the story is you must know a lot about the inverter's
characteristics before you can start designing an array for it. Taking a
simple rating and taking off with a design simply doesn't work for many
inverters.

Bill.