Wind query [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:17:32 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
At 9:01 AM -0800 5/2/03, Chris Worcester wrote:
>Hi Allen,
>
>Is the tower robust enough for the AWP 3.6? This is a heavy machine at 250
>pounds. What was the rotor dia. of the Wincharger? The AWP is 11 feet and
>requires a 4 inch pipe tower mount.

Just for info, the diameter of the awp 3.6 is 3.6 metres which is
11.8 feet.  The standard tower mount in Africa and here in UK is a 3"
nominal bore (90mm/3.5" overall) pipe.  I use them mainly on 40'
towers here and occasionally on 20 or 60 foot towers.

That is here, and you are there.  Here a taller tower would be widely
viewed as intrusive and unnecessary.  A cultural thing maybe.  Robert
Preus is doing a good job of making the AWP fit the american scene.

I agree with the rest of the comments on suitability of machines.
--
Hugh

hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/