TC code reference [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue Feb 4 13:33:10 PST 2003

William,

I think John Wiles' message is pretty good. I would add that the main issue
with any cable--TC, UF, or USE is that it is: (1) Proper temperature rated
conductors (90C Wet), (2) Properly supported--no dangling in no-man's land,
and (3) Protected from physical damage--supported under modules or in
conduit if bridging between panels.

Messenger wires and cable trays are often used in industrial applications
where the wires are out of reach overhead typically.

Type TC comes in a variety of cross-sections including flat, oval, and
round. Several posts a year or so ago provided links for round TC. If a
round cable gland is used, then a round or oval cross section is necessary.
Flat is like Romex or UF and has different cable glands.

Bill.