MC connectors, warranties and PV system life [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Feb 3 10:11:20 PST 2003

Eric:

Yes, the code says latching or locking.
Now the interesting question is what is the definition of the words
latching and locking.
Yep, you guessed it they are not defined in the Code!
UL says the MC connector is a latching connector since you can open it
by pulling on it. Locking requires some sort of tool or pushing in tab
of some sort before you an open it.  This is how it is done on the Tyco
connector.

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.