Looking for a fuel pump. [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael_welch at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 1 10:29:47 PST 2003

Hi Doug. There is no problem with pumping pure veggie oil with these standard pumps. The problem comes when using biodiesel, which is no longer "raw form" veggie oil because it has been treated with sodium methoxide, a combination of lye and methanol.

Some older diesel vehicles have the same problem, and need to have certain seals changed to use biodiesel instead of diesel oil.

There is no doubt in my mind that this pump is out there somewhere, but so far all attempts to find it have been unsuccessful.

Doug Pratt wrote at 06:39 AM 02/01/2003:

>Wouldn't any pump that's designed for the food service industry be
>appropriate? The fryer tanks at Mickey D's are biodiesel in raw form.
>There must be a wide variety of pumps designed to move fryer tank oil.
>-Doug Pratt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm