GDS Scam [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Dec 18 08:28:43 PST 2003

Is anyone else getting hounded by GDS to advertise in their
"publication"?  I believe GDS stands for Government Data Solutions.
When they call, they introduce themselves in such a way that you might
think they ARE the Department of Energy.  The crap then continues on as
they explain that they are preparing a "publication" that will go to
thousands of decision makers in the energy world.  This purpose of this
publication is to help these decision makers spend the billions of
dollars that the government is preparing to put into rebuilding the grid
as a result the recent blackout.

I've never given them a chance to finish the whole batch of crap so I'm
not sure how it all goes.  The first time they called I had to interrupt
them and asked outright if they were the federal government.  The reply
was "they are contacted by the federal government".  Then the crap went
on so I interrupted them again explained to them that if they are trying
to sell me something then I'm not interested.  The way they are talking
is that this is some sort of government listing (free seems to be
implied).

It's no where near free.  The first time they called the "listing"
started at $6200.  I explained to them that exceeds my annual
advertising budget but even if it didn't I'm not interested.  But the
guy says that's its not advertising, it's a "listing".  Then he goes on
to berate me for being such a small company and further insults by
explaining that if I was smart enough to see what a great opportunity
that I would easily get all of that money back in increased revenue.  Of
course, that's where I ask them to take me off list and then say that
they don't have a list to take me off of.  Of course that's where I hang
up.  They've (it's the same guy every time-Shawn) proceeded to called
several more times apparently oblivious that I'm not interested.  Each
time the price had gone up.  The only reason I know this is because as
soon as they call I tell them that I'm not going to pay the $6200 for a
listing.  The says it's $10,000 not $6,200, and so on.

I can't find them on the internet and of course they block the caller
ID.  So it's hard to find them to complain to them directly.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services, Inc.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com