Solar Hot Water [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Dec 17 16:45:29 PST 2003

A local HVAC contractor was successfully sued for doing just this. It made
the hydronic heating system so slow to respond it was basically unusable.
When the t-stat called for heat it took like 12 hours for the slab to start
heating the room and by the time the t-stat shut the heat off the building
continued to (over) heat for another 10 hours or so.

Todd

"Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone refer me a source of information for the solar space heating
> system where you bury the tubing several feet (?) under the slab (in
> sand?)?  It seems like I remember... the idea being that sometime late
> in the summer you start diverting heat to this loop and pump all that
> unused heat there.  By the time it's getting cold and you need the heat
> it's rising up to the slab.  At the proper time you switch over and
> start heating the slab directly with the solar collectors.
>
> We are preparing to build a new shop, we've already got thousands of
> feet PEX tubing and manifolds, and I just bought 11 used 4x10's from
> Smitty at AAA Solar.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Travis Creswell
> Ozark Energy Services, Inc.