SMA 125 kW inverter [RE-wrenches]

marco mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Sat Dec 13 09:19:03 PST 2003

Hey Robert,

How are things with you?  Yeah, it would have been nice to go to LV and see
all youse guys.  Alas, twas not to be.  Bob Maynard and crew at Energy
Outfitters seems to be doing well with all these promos they're doing.  And
now that the decision has been made at BP Solar to get out of the BOS
business and focus exclusively on module sales, I'll need to expand my
relationships with BOS vendors like Bob, AEE, etc.

Yeah, the Cloudy Island, I mean, Sunny Island, sounds like a winner.  I do
know, however, that I'm not going to beta test their unit on my commercial
customers.  I'm going to wait a year or so and let others install this 125
kW inverter and work the inevitable bugs out.  I've already been burned by
putting my faith in a new grid-tied inverter (AEI MM5)only to end up with
way too many problems. In fact, I've got five brand new ones sitting in
their original boxes in my warehouse.  Brand new and completely useless
unless maybe I can use them as boat anchors...

How are you adapting to life back in the US?  Has your family come over yet?
I'd imagine that it's a tough transition for tvaya jena.  Hey, we sold a 25
kW job on Kauai yesterday!  My partner had been working on this guy for
months.  It's for a car dealership in Lihue.  I'm going to use one 20 kW
Xantrex inverter since it's three-phase service and I'll be damned if I want
to install (8) damn Sunny Boys.

I'm interested in getting some numbers from you for your spacedock hardware.
We're going to using either the BP 3160 or 7185 modules for our large
grid-connected systems.  All BPS's larger modules--140W, 150W, 160W, 170W
and 185W--have the same frame dimensions.  How about a quote for, say, 30 kW
worth of your stuff including shipping to here in Hilo 96720?

arroHA for now,
marco