NABCEP test disclosure [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sun Nov 30 15:36:23 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Jeff,
Wow. I sincerely hope that "this kind of logic
and legality" doesn't apply to NABCEP. It's a
voluntary trade certification, not a publicly
funded, open admissions policy, kind of thing. I
doubt that disclosure is required. It isn't of
IBEW testing, for example.
I agree with you in one aspect that errors and
bias cannot stand. Toward that end, NABCEP has an
independent testing firm review the test in a
psychometric manner. (Whatever that means!) What
it DOES is catch bad questions. In your round of
testing, for example, it was discovered that two
questions were missed by an overwhelming large
percentage of the test takers. Further, those two
questions were missed overwhelming by the persons
scoring highest on the test overall. Obviously
they were bad questions, one way or the other. So
we threw them out. I don't even know which ones
they were. As a test taker myself, I was not
allow any access of any kind to the test , but I
bet I missed them too!
In terms of making a NABCEP certification a real
deal as far as the test is concerned, we're on
it. Our test and procedures meet the ISO
Whatever-it-is standard for certifications. I
think I speak for the rest of the directors when
I say that we really appreciate comments like
this. They keep us engaged and the Wrenches
informed.
I think Pogo said it best. "We have met the enemy
and he is us." Welcome aboard.
Best, Bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection