NABCEP test disclosure [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Sun Nov 30 09:10:17 PST 2003

Why does the College Board release the SAT tests after they are given? I
believe it's the result of a long law suit, which indicated that since the
SAT could have such a large influence on a person's future, they had a right
to see the test at some point, to make sure there were not errors, bias, or
other problems in the test.

In fact, after this disclosure started, the SAT has been changed, because
they have found errors and bias. (Real factual errors, which marked people
wrong for answerers they got right. Also found that some answers actually
had more than one truly correct answer.)

It's my understanding that most educators believe the SAT to be a better
test because of disclosure.

Whether this kind of logic and legality applies to NABCEP probably has to do
with NABCEP certification's standing in the professional world. If it
becomes what most of us want, then the tests will need to have some process
of disclosure. If it remains an obscure standard with little or no financial
benefit, then it does not matter.

It's my sincere hope that NABCEP does become a strong standard (as discussed
in many other recent posts). It's also my strong desire that the tests have
a method of disclosure as NABCEP moves forward. This is not sour grapes, I
passed handily. It has everything to do with making NABCEP a clear,
transparent, leading certification means.

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Global Resource Options, LLP, Solar  Wind  Energy Solutions
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
601 Old River Road, Suite 3
White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 Toll Free
802-295-4415 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com
www.GlobalResourceOptions.com

Quoting "Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection" <econnect at snowcrest.net>:

> Marco,
> Absolutely NOT. Not now, probably not ever. NABCEP paid a huge price
> in time, energy, and money to put that test together and get it
> validated by an independent test evaluation firm. That's how it's
> done when you want to give a real, no-kidding, test. While it does
> get changed from test paper to test paper and not all the questions
> are the same on any given test date, the validated and vetted
> question pool is not infinite.
> Like anyone else, you can download the current version of the Study Guide
at:
> http://nabcep.org/nabcep/www/pages/resources/default.asp
> Good Luck, Bob-O
>
> >Ezra, Bob-O, et al.,
> >
> >Is is possible to get a hold of a copy of the last NABCEP exam?  And yes,
> >know, that whatever was on this exam doesn't mean that it's going to be
on
> >the next.
> >
> >marco
> >
> >Marco Mangelsdorf