SW Inverter firmware upgrade [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Nov 19 19:58:07 PST 2003

Bob-O,
I didn't know what their agreement was with anyone else, I'm afraid. They
never offered me anything official like "We'll give you an inverter to meet
in this hotel room". Mine was never formal--I just asked for a beta unit,
and kept asking and reminding and bugging 'em.

And now I'm confused--both Richard and Bob e-mailed me around January '02
about their beta units. Richard wrote "No problems with the new HF Trace so
far. Joe had to enlarge two of the conduit holes to take 3/4 inch, but other
than that installation was straightforward. The programming is far easier.
Before we plugged anything important into the HF, we vetted it with the
Fluke 43. It actually looks better than the SW--tighter Vrms regulation and
slightly better THD. Ezra said it should have been the same, but it looks
better on our instruments here." Were these just vaporware?

Allan @+E