SW Inverter firmware upgrade [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Wed Nov 19 10:54:31 PST 2003

Roy still out of town, so I am posting this response from Lloyd Gomm <Lloyd.Gomm at Xantrex.com>.

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light wrote at 08:19 AM 11/19/2003:

>Wrenches,
>
>Believe the following when you see it.
>
><<The firmware update is easy to accomplish and we are compensating dealers
>to do the work ( 2hrs per SW @ $65 per hour plus a $50 per site allowance).
>The compensation is paid by check within 2 weeks of receipt of our form.  We
>have contacted all dealers who have customers with an inverter that requires
>the update.
>Lloyd Gomm
>Director, Marketing>>
>
>I did firmware swap outs on two SW4024 last December and was promised
>compensation by the since departed "dealer go between" Pagan. That never
>happened, she left Xantrax and then someone else promised my compensation.
>Nothing.

I don't want to take this personally....but I am.  Despite this message of "fear, uncertainty, and doubt" I am offering Wrenches my personal assurance that we will (and are) pay installers to do this work.  I setup this program and had our sr. management team agree to the budget.  When we ship the SW chip set kit (for this program) it includes an installer compensation form.  Simply send the form to us and we will issue a check.

Dave, I looked up your dealer name in our system and I was unable to find any information on you.  I can only guess that this was some kind of verbal agreement between you and Pagan.  If you take the time to contact me off list, I WILL assist you.

Lloyd Gomm
Director, Marketing
Xantrex Technology Inc.
Website: <www.xantrex.htm>www.xantrex.com
t: 604/415-4685
f: 604/420-1591

Michael Welch

------------------------
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
                                -John Muir

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com