Whisper woes [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Nov 17 15:54:15 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Windy & Group,
IMO, if Jay is a primary owner of SWWP, Bob is screwed. My
experiences dealing directly with him were HORRIBLE. I called there
once from the field where an H-80 had crashed due to a terribly
under-engineered SWWP tower kit. (Remember the recall?) Jay told me
that he didn't want to deal with MY problem while HE was digesting
his lunch! It pretty much went downhill from there.
Bob-O

>Bob and others,
>
>I mentioned this complaint to a primary owner of SWWP, and quickly
>got the following reply. I suggest anyone with problems contact Jay
>directly.
>
>Windy
>
>---- reply from SWWP------------
>
>Windy,
>I find this quite uncharacteristic of our service department. Nonetheless I
>would like very much to follow up on this complaint and see if there is
>anything more that can be done or, what has not been done. By any chance,
>will you please forward me the original correspondence, that contained the
>statements below, so I can contact the writer?
>
>Jay Yeager
>Senior Advisor / Technical Services
>Southwest Windpower
>2131 North First St.
>Flagstaff, Arizona, USA 86004
>voice: +928.779.9463
>fax: +928.779.1485
>jay at windenergy.com <mailto:jay at windenergy.com>
>www.windenergy.com <http://www.windenergy.com>
>
>---------------------------------------
>

>At 5:05 AM -0500 11/17/03, Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems wrote:
>>Good luck getting any repair parts from SWWP for a Whisper, I got one back
>>from a rebuild and found (after 5 months) that they had not fixed the
>>original problem. A bad furl bearing and shaft. It has been down for 15
>>months now and I have given up on getting parts from them.
>>
>>An e mail to John S. went unanswered. Most of the other units I know of are
>>dead or have had massive failures and were repaired.
>>Sometimes even under warranty you have to pay to get them fixed!

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com