SW Inverter firmware upgrade [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Nov 17 11:49:11 PST 2003

Hi gang. Roy is out of town, and Lloyd Gomm has asked me to post this on his behalf.

Joel Davidson Wrote:
>November 15, 2003 one of our customers (maybe more) with a line-tie SW
>in Southern California Edison territory got a notice from Xantrex dated
>October 22, 2003 about a required firmware update. Anyone else get this
>notice?

Joel, this firmware update is necessary for SW inverters tested / listed by UL.  This batch of SW's were produced by Xantrex between Q4 2000 and Q4 2001 and, to be clear, were de-listed by UL in November 2001.

This firmware update is NOT required for ETL or CSA marked SW's tested to UL 1741 under the NRTL program.  Everything produced after Q4 2001 are CSA marked, GTI compatible SW's.  Everything produced before Q4 2000 was listed by ETL and is unaffected.

We have been working with SCE, SDG&E, and PG&E to minimize impact on home owners and dealers.  The firmware update is easy to accomplish and we are compensating dealers to do the work ( 2hrs per SW @ $65 per hour plus a $50 per site allowance).  The compensation is paid by check within 2 weeks of receipt of our form.  We have contacted all dealers who have customers with an inverter that requires the update.

Joel Davidson Wrote:
>This particular customer is a retired aerospace engineer whose SW4048 was
>working fine, but still had to get a GTI and now has to get some firmware.

Joel, if this customer has a GTI he does not require the firmware update.  Please contact me so we can update his information.  This will allow us to close the loop with his utility.

If anyone requires any further information on this program please contact me off list.

Lloyd Gomm
Director, Marketing
t: 604/415-4685

Michael Welch

------------------------
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
                                -John Muir

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com