robust battery [RE-wrenches]

tom at thesolar.biz tom at thesolar.biz
Fri Nov 7 12:12:56 PST 2003

Keith

Both the HUP Solar One and The Surrette 5000 Series are "robust" enough
batteries but still parallel strings are a pretty bad deal. There is no way
electrically induce two strings of batteries (in parallel) to accept a
charge equally. Eventually you will always wind up with one lazy string and
one strong string and then sooner or later you get "bad" cells on the lazy
string because you cannot equalize the lazy string any longer.

Kind regards

Tom

tom at thesolar.biz

www.thesolar.biz