NABCEP exam [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 09:52:56 PST 2003

We had 17 or 18 in Sacramento which covered northern
California.

I suspect that any newcomers that are primarily
familiar with straight grid systems and SunnyBoys
would have had a tougher time with the exam.  There
were a good number of questions on example systems
that were based on old Omnion inverters, water pumping
systems, and generator-pv stand alones.

It was definately not easy.  In fact, it seemed to be
more designer oriented than installer oriented.  My
complaint would be that some of the answer choices
were a bit misleading, and not just testing us on the
subject matter.  The exam could use some improvement,
but anyone who passed deserved it in my opinion.

Jerry Caldwell
Light Energy Systems

--- "Dan Whigham, SC Solar" <DWhigham at scsolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com