12 volt differential controller [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Oct 13 16:22:28 PDT 2003

Mark,
The Goldline GL-30 differential controller may be satisfactorily powered by
24V DC. To do so you must solder leads to the circuit board, or else tap two
unused pins (Pin 4, 4th from top is 24vdc+, and Pin 5, 5th from top is
24vdc-) on a terminal strip. It probably voids the warranty, but it works
fine. Then you could use a 12-24V step-up converter to supply power. It's
not the most elegant solution, but it will work.

E-mail me off-list if you'd like me to fax a diagram of the solder points.

Allan at +E