PV SYSTEM WORKSHEET -- feedback [RE-wrenches]

Greg Egan gegan at renewalaska.com
Fri Oct 10 14:31:05 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Windy,

I used it in a PV design class I taught last week. It's a great tool. I
showed some AC loads (stereo, lights, ceiling fan) including the power
the inverter was using while powering these loads. I then moved the
stereo, etc. to the DC load section and decreased the inverter run time
accordingly. It helped get the point across. Fairbanks doesn't get much
wind or sun in the winter when you need it most, so using less power is
really the only solution. (unless you really like the sound of that
engine running)

  The colors show really nice on the screen. One guy wanted a copy of it
printed out. I changed the fill color to "none" and made sure the fonts
were all black, and it printed nicely.

  I don't have any suggestions for improving it. If I think of something
I'll let you know.

  Thanks,

Greg Egan

  Alaska Renewable Energy
  981 Gold Mine Trail Fairbanks, Alaska 99712
  Phone: 907-457-4299; Fax: 907-457-4290; Email: gegan at renewalaska.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com