c-40 battery charging [RE-wrenches]

Greg Egan gegan at renewalaska.com
Fri Oct 10 01:33:54 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Bruce & Matt,

I've started installing additional fuses in the cables, on the positive
end, that connect the strings together. That way if one of the strings
has a shorted cell, the other strings will only be able to dump power
into the weak string until the fuse (or fuses) blow.

I prefer one string myself, and I won't parallel more than 3 strings but
IMO sometimes it's nearly impossible to size the battery bank adequately
with just one string.

Good thread,

Greg

Bruce Geddes wrote:
> I have seen the result of an AGM meltdown.  It was a telecom installation
> and one block went bad, the rest discharged into it and the result was an
> unbelievable mess.  One string is the way to go.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce Geddes
> PowerOn

Alaska Renewable Energy
981 Gold Mine Trail Fairbanks, Alaska 99712
Phone: 907-457-4299; Fax: 907-457-4290; Email: gegan at renewalaska.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm