Request re Inspector Training [RE-wrenches]

Jason Fisher jfisher at nahbrc.org
Tue Sep 30 09:43:41 PDT 2003

> Matt wrote: Actually, MC connectors are legal and approved for this
purpose even though common sense would seem to dictate that this type of
arrangement would be better suited to sites that are not readily accessible
to the general public; like fenced areas on private property for instance.

I agree that it is common sense, and I do appreciate that installers may
need to do this sometimes, and that such a job shouldn't be failed unless
it's illegal.

My problem is, I just can't help but put myself back into the mindset of
being 10 years old again.
If I had access to one of these arrays back then, I just might try to light
my firecrackers off the arc I'd figure out I could pull from a disconnected
MC-type plug connection.
Why would I figure this out, because the label said "Do not disconnect under
load", why else?

Of course, who knows where my career would have gone from there! ;)

Cheers,

Jason Fisher

Aurora Energy LLC
Annapolis, MD