ProSine 2.0 glitches [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Fri Sep 26 16:25:34 PDT 2003

I pulled out my notebook from the day you were here when we discussed
your test results and here is what I had recorded:

  The VFX 3524 charged at 85 amps DC but the AC voltage was sagging

  The SW+ 2524 was putting out 60 amps DC from your generator

So the increased charger output was be 85A/60A = 1.41 or 41% more.

I made a mistake in my earlier post and did it the other way 60/85 =
0.70 which I then incorrectly converted to being a 30% increase - need
to not type and do math at the same time...

When both operate at their rated specs the increase would then be:

  VFX 3524  85 amps   85A/70A = 1.21% or a 21% increase for the VFX
  SW+ 2524  70 amps

The ProSine is a 12 vdc only unit and has a charger rated at 100 amps DC
- which would be the same as a 50 amps DC charger on a 24 vdc system -
but it is only a 2kW unit so not really a fair comparison.

ezra at lasqueti.net wrote:

> To be totally nit-picky it was delivering about 21% more current to
> batteries than either of the other inverters mentioned.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com
Tel 360 435 6030  Arlington WA USA