pv for the military [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Thu Sep 18 13:29:27 PDT 2003

>From talking to a friend  (truly a rocket scientist) who works at JPL,
the military needs to utilize more solar power for numerous
applications.  From what I have been told, the military is focusing on
controlling space and is currently favoring micro-nuclear as opposed to
PV, for future satellite and terrestrial rover-type vehicle designs.
Solar power for remote stations, water purification, water heating,
communications, etc. needs to be packaged and presented to the military.
Perhaps Generals who understand and appreciate the many useful
properties of solar energy will be less likely to willingly plan
operations and risk lives to invade foreign counties for oil.

Graham