computers can make arrays look sharp (was 'looks Sharp, man...) [RE-wrenches

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Fri Jul 25 11:47:12 PDT 2003

Hi Nick,

I haven't seen the new Sharp systems but I have heard that the module
frames have a lip on them which prevents the use of the Pro Solar
top-down clamp mounts.  From what I have heard Sharp is losing some
business from installers who prefer the Pro-solar mounts as opposed to
the Uni-Rack mounts which come with the Sharp systems.  I know a number
of installers who really liked the Uni-Rack mounts, until they have to
try and remove a module a year or so later for servicing.  I have been
told that the bolt heads spin in the channel and it is very difficult
trying to hacksaw the nut off the bolt in order to remove modules.  This
is all just hearsay. I believe there are a few installers in So Cal
installing the new Sharp systems, they sure have nice modules and the
inverter sounds promising.

Graham