IPN Network Meters [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler, Positive Energy phil at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Jun 18 12:23:03 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Cullen - RV Power Products" <rick at rvpowerproducts.com>

Our next generation of products
> based on the IPN(tm) network will talk to each other and will operate in a
> master/slave relationship such that multiple controllers will operate in a
> coordinated manner as a single machine. Preliminary IPN info is available
on
> our site as well.

Holy Maximum Power Point, Batman--could this be the grail we've been
awaiting all these years?  Skip down to the bottom of that .pdf, and I see
the IPN-ProRemote; a temperature compensated amphour meter that promises
easy controller setpoint adjustment (possibly over the phone!) that displays
critically important information in an easy-to-understand format, and throws
in a low voltage disconnect function.  Oh, and by the way it also
coordinates the operation of multiple controllers too!

Yeah, Bob-O, I know the E Meter had temp sense as an option years ago, but
it never seemed to DO anything with whatever information it gathered.

And yes, I know that the MX60 has promised to do all the above in one tidy
package.  But so far, most of the promised SYSTEM functionality remains
vaporware (1 touch all input EQ, Smart Shunt, shared temp sense data, etc.)
And the user interface is, well, clunky at best.

Admittedly, the IPN isn't available today and what eventually shows up on
our shelves may be different than what's promised, but I've always been
impressed with Rick's quiet, rock solid capability to deliver, so now I'm
salivating to get my hands on one of these.

Hey Rick--ever thought about turning your attention to inverters?

Phil
Positive Energy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com