Nursery Root Heating System [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael_welch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 13 10:32:10 PDT 2003

Hi Mo. HP's Aug-Sept. issue will feature a solar-heated greenhouse in Wisconsin. While I can't send you the article in advance of it hitting the streets, here is the access info for the folks that set it up. Maybe you can work with them. They built a custom hot water collector 40 ft. long; cheaper & more efficient than individual standard-sized collectors. Richard has other very large-scale solar heating projects under his belt, as well.

Richard Lane, Solar Mining Company, 4226 Whisper Ln., De Pere, WI 54115 • 920-983-7610 • Fax 920-336-3914 • rlane at solarminingco.com • www.solarminingco.com •
Commercial and industrial solar heating equipment & projects

Mo Rousso wrote at 09:53 AM 06/13/2003:

>I have a prospect (commercial nursery) who is interested in both PV and an
>alternative source for heating their greenhouses.  They want roof level
>heating and this being Southern California, only at night.  Right now, they
>use a gas fired heater to heat water which is recirc¹ed under all of the
>seedlings.  There are at least a dozen large green houses that are impacted.
>Any suggestions?  Their objective is to reduce their dependence on SDGE and
>save money.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm