Remote Control Ceing Fan [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Thu Jun 12 13:10:01 PDT 2003

Dan wrote:

We've experienced mixed success using 50 microfarad motor run capacitors
to address SW waveform-related problems. In one instance, the problem
involved a washing machine electronic timer that worked fine on grid
power,
but would intermittently stop mid-cycle on SW power.

You said this didn't correct the washer problem.  Especially being that
it was an intermittent problem I wonder if the inverter was dropping
into search mode while the timer was switching between cycles?  I've
seen this with the SW as well as other inverters with search.  The timer
itself is not enough to keep the inverter up and if there is a slight
pause between cycles, you loose it.  I've added a switched outlet along
side the washer.  Switch on a nite lite when using the washer.

Then again, it could have been the electronics.  Haven't I head that the
SW cleans up the wave form a bit at higher loads but is pretty ugly when
operating well under 100 watts?

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com