PV System Worksheet -- offering to the Wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Jun 6 09:22:36 PDT 2003

Windy & Wrenches (& windy Wrenches...and sunny boys, too, I guess),
I should have been more clear. I have unprotected the sheet and gone into
the formula bars to tweak here and there. Sometimes I succeeded at getting
the info I wanted, sometimes not. What I suggest in a companion sheet is
descriptions of the logic of the equations from which the results are
derived (huh?). For example, "watt-hours per day equals quantity times watts
each times hours per day times days per week divided by 7". That's a very
simple example. Some of the formulae are quite complex and yet insufficient
to cover all situations, such as calculating generator run time. The
inverter-generators have a very different efficiency than the contractor
specials.
This is a request, Windy, not a criticism.
Allan