Water Miser Caps venting water [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Wed Jun 4 10:45:34 PDT 2003

<<I have never understood the benefits of Hydrocaps and have never sold
them.
It seems like the extra work of removing them each time to equalize is more
work than adding water. And once we saw the top blown off an L16 after we
increased the array on an existing installation. What have I missed all
these years?  Allan at Positive NRG >>

I agree with Allan.
However, I do have two battery banks of Hoppecke OPzS lead acid cells with
Hoppecke Aquagen Recombiner Caps that are still working flawlessly after
five years of service. These are catalytic caps but do not need to be
removed (or loosened) for higher voltage charging. They are 2.5" in diameter
and 5" tall. I have never been able to source more of these for resale. They
came with the OPzS cells which came to me as settlement to replace Hoppecke
FNC Nicad cells.

Are their other catalytic recombiner caps available out there that work?
Hydro Caps do not work because they recommend loosening them to charge at
higher levels.

Dave

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com