Sizing software [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 04:02:53 PDT 2003

We have several past threads describing some "shareware" spreadsheets
being used for PV system sizing, and I have used several expensive
software packages that may be good, but take far too much time to
input data for quick "ball park" system sizing use.

I have also found the more expensive sizing programs tend to print out
far too much information when you are only looking for the "bottom
line", yet many spreadsheets provide limited printed output.  I also
have used several sizing programs that are easy to input data by
"dragging" icons which is easy, but they cannot deal with unusual
hardware or loads not pre-defined within the program.

Are there any good programs out there, say under $200, that are better
than spreadsheets, are easy to define system layout and loads, allow
selecting what you want to print, but do not take all day to input
project data?

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.
P. O. Box 10