Marketing Issue [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu May 15 08:59:27 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Folks,
Nearly all of us have had this happen at one time or another. It's
particularly hard on Wrenches that also have store fronts. I can
understand the decision to not put deeply discounted prices in your
customer's face, but it's a crying shame not to be able to give them
the benefit of Home Power. It is up to the manufacturers and
distributors to ensure that their dealers are not whoring the
products, not HP. A manu who lets it go on is an idiot as it will
come back to bite them in the ass by way of nuisance calls and
returned goods. Legitimate Wrenches and business folks won't
recommend or sell products they can't make a profit on. A distributor
who lets it go on does a HUGE disservice their installing dealers. I
would quit buying from that distributor immediately and tell them why.
In my biz, I will not "meet or beat" to make a sale. I don't need the
headaches that come afterwards. I will not install anything purchased
elsewhere. I tell my clients flatly that I offer a value-added
service that they will not and cannot get from a Solar Slut. They get
ME. I will design the system or give them a reality check if they DIY
and stand behind the products if I install. If it fails during the
first two years (or five years if required by some rebate programs) I
will come out and fix it for free. If the client doesn't see the
value in that, I say good luck and bye-bye. You'll be money and time
ahead gardening or fishing than baby sitting folks like that.
Bob-O

--
"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
George "Dubya" Bush

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm