Over current protection for charge controllers [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Sat May 10 08:20:07 PDT 2003

Hi Gary,

I never worried about the overcurrent protection as if you short the wires,
it'll trip the breaker.

What I never liked was that if you shut off the main, then the inverter sees
( for a moment) open circuit voltage and you cannot shut off the power to
both sides of the controller with a breaker anyway.  Just crazy to me.

I've installed lots of DC disconnects with 4 small breakers, yep gets pretty
crowded.

much peace,

jay

Peltz Power