Roof array wire thru attic [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 07:31:03 PDT 2003

I know there was some past threads on this subject, but I seem to remember
this still may be in "debate" related to code.  We are installing a large
array on a very large up scale 3 story home with attic and basement.
Routing array wiring across very long roof, around eve, then down side of 4
story side wall (with basement) to ground floor meter base entry location
will look awful.

If we penetrate roof into attic and route in conduit across attic and down
thru interior wall (house under construction) to basement electric panel,
and install exterior dis-connect, can we avoid requirement for array entry
near meter base???

Suggestions or code exceptions??

Jeff Yago

- - - -