6" poles [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Apr 29 14:33:18 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Yo Allan,
I can't believe it's cheaper to go with the rigid. I just called my
electrical distributor and came up with $289.00 per 10' stick.
Yikes!! I buy Sch 40 black pipe, plain ends, in 21' sticks from a
plumbing wholesaler who will deliver it for free. Costs me $121.00
per stick. I burn it in half and blow a hole in the lower two-three
feet somewhere for an "anti-spin' device. Rebar works good, so does
that last two feet of ground rod that you just CAN'T pound in
sometimes! I like having the 10.5' pieces. You can stick it in a
4.5'-5' hole and still have plenty above ground. If the client needs
it painted, I ask what color and buy him a can of Rustoleum. Schedule
40 has got a 1/4" wall thickness. Maybe on the coast it would rust
away in my lifetime, but in the desert? No way.
Best, bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044