Camera [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Apr 1 09:31:13 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
>I've got an Olympus 4040.

... sez Bob-O

OK, I'll put in my .02, because I researched this very carefully and
I'm happy with my purchase.

I looked at the current Olympus 5050 and compared it with the Canon
G3. Same price range and both excellent. What swayed me to the Canon
was the tilt-and-swivel LCD screen, like cam-corders have. I can hold
the thing at waist-level or over my head, either vertically or
horizontally, and take pix that way. In public, I can appear to be
looking down and be futzing with my camera when in fact I'm taking
pix of people (and you DO want people in your promotional shots!).
This is a great freedom for getting shots at angles you wouldn't
normally try.

The shutter delay is very short.

The included Li-I battery lasts a really long time, even when using
the display a lot, and recharges without removal from camera. I don't
find any need for a second battery.

These better cameras have so many features, you need to give it the
time to learn and practice, but most have an "auto" setting that
bypasses the advanced settings.

Amazon.com has good user feedback on products like this.

The very best in-depth reviews I found for cameras is
http://www.dcresource.com
That is what helped me make my final decision.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm