NiCad Batteries [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 19:13:49 PST 2003

Jay,
    I just learned about using 19 instead of 20 but the DR manual says 19 is
OK  but this is a 12 V system with two strings of 10 and they say not to go
to 9.  Anyone had luck sawing these batteries apart?  Looks like nicads and
12V systems are not compatible unless someone else has some ideas.  This
system was set up with golf cart batteries originally and the owner took it
upon herself to buy some used Nicads to get longer life.  Maybe I should
trade with her my 8 Trojan L16's for her 20 nicads and keep the 20th one for
a doorstop.

Jeff W., this may be one of your customers as she lives only a few miles from
you.  I got involved as she is a dear friend of one of my new employees and I
had a repair to do nearby (another friend).

John
CVSolar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm