blinded by the light?! [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Thu Mar 6 12:04:17 PST 2003

Marco,

Do pilots wear their aviation sunglasses for a reason or just for style?
The polished aluminum American Airlines jets are super shiny and
reflective and when sitting on an airport taxi-way are probably
physically larger than your PV array.  Is the typical landing approach
pattern from the south at this airport?  Do they know that PV modules
are designed to absorb as much light as possible and reflect as little
as possible? Do they object to a flat mounted array as a possible
option?

Graham