Altitude effects on PV performance [RE-wrenches]

Tom Simko tom at skylinesolar.com
Mon Mar 3 08:25:31 PST 2003

 I've noticed similar better then book performance with my 1200 watt array
at my over 6 K altitude, free (freeer) energy! Higher is better. Best tip I
ever heard on winter performance of PV was to take advantage of the snow
base, I set my panels very steep, almost 90 degrees, during the worst of the
winter, and get a higher output then the "best" angle for my latitude of 60
degrees. Sure helps the snow slid off also.

Tom Simko
Skyline Solar

on 3/1/03 12:20 PM, Tom Elliot, Guffey Energy Works at

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael_welch at sbcglobal.net