Steam Engines Anyone? [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Feb 19 20:28:04 PST 2003

David,

Why not? Sounds like a great idea, as long as you have enough corn cobs, and
can control the RPM's of the generator. Steam engines are also known for
being temperamental, hot, and occasionally exploding. In California (where
Everything is regulated to the nth degree) you have to have a steam
operator's license to run anything (over toy size) that's powered by steam.

There would have to be a pretty tricky heat exchanger to capture waste heat
for heating his house. Unless you have a M.E. degree and a really good
insurance policy, I'd try and steer him in another direction.

Matt T