SPAM: RE: 600 VDC Switches [RE-wrenches]

Nick Nicholas, APS APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sun Feb 16 16:11:04 PST 2003

Hi Matt, Bill, and wrenches:
    I have not seen any statistics that clearly show the inefficiency you
describe between the 165 modules and the SB-2500.
    I have been very happy with the system outputs  I've seen using 18- 165s
and 1- SB-2500.
    Last May we commissioned one system with 18 SAPC-165s on one SB-2500
and 20 SAPC-165s on another.  We placed two arrays at 15 degrees on a metal
barn roof, located over the air conditioned engineers lab.  The system is
here in Grass Valley, CA at 2000 ft elevation.  The system is monitored with
a Sunny Boy Control Plus, so we have some good output data.  In May, we will
have some annual statistics.
    Some monthly, daily, and hourly statistics for last summer are included
on his web site www.rancholv.com.  Look at "solar", then "performance."
or http://www.rancholv.com/solar/index.htm
    The customer also monitors wind, rain, ambient air temperature, solar
cell temperature, and solar insolation.  Thanks are due to John Berdner,
SAPC, and the CEC for helping the customer acquire the monitoring system and
the two extra modules.
Nick Nicholas
Alternative Power Systems
www.alternativepowersystems.com