Evergreen solar module performance. [RE-wrenches]

Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters bob at energyoutfitters.com
Fri Feb 14 16:15:42 PST 2003

Vince,

I just recieved samples of the 51w and 110w, Evergreen, Cedar line.  I would
rate the physical construction average to above average.  J-box is installer
friendly.  110's can be field configured for nominal 12 or 24 volts.
Warranty is 20 power output, standard PV industry warranty language, 90%
power first ten years, 80% through year 20.  Warranty info at
http://www.evergreensolar.com/egsolar1/pdf/ecmanual17.pdf

Ihave not had a chance to test these for power output yet.  The efficiency
is lower than other poly modules, but their manufacturing process is unique
and holds good promise (IMHO) to possibly lower PV costs significantly.
Their poly cells are different looking due to the ribbon technology.  The
cells use significantly less silicon than others according to what I've
read.  Will let you know when I get some time (Yea,Right!) to test.
Regards,
Bob Maynard
Energy Outfitters