LPG Refridgerators [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Sun Feb 9 09:50:23 PST 2003

Dana,

I believe it's because of air-lock problems in a not-all the way full
system. In California it's now a moot point since it is illegal to operate
one!!! Servels, that is. Seems as though "THEY" have decided that having a
carbon monoxide producing appliance in your house is BAD for you. Maybe it's
the ammonia? Who knows? I do know that several of my clients have vintage
Servels, and they all work just fine (even without turning them on their
sides!)

I know of one house that burned to the ground thanks to an old Servel. They
do need to be treated with a certain amount of respect. The problem with the
one that caused the fire had something to do with mice building their
apartment complex in a bad place - according the Forest Service.

Matt T