C40's and SW's [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Wed Feb 5 16:27:47 PST 2003

Eric,

I believe several of the posts mentioned that sell voltage must be lower
than the charge controller float and bulk voltages to work properly.

Something that has not been mentioned that you point out here is that if you
are using the Grid Usage Timer to sell power, the sell voltage is not
temperature compensated--it is a constant.

However, if you are in sell mode with the Grid Usage Timer turned off (start
and stop times identical), then the SW will go to float charge setting and
remain there--this is a temperature compensated setting.

So to sum up:

1. Turn Grid Usage Timer Off (that is default)
2. Turn Bulk Charge Timer to 0:00 (default is 2:00)
3. Leave Float voltage setting at the default of 53.6 Volts
4. Set your backup charge controller to at least 1 Volt higher (54.6V)
   (and confirm that the setting is accurate)
5. Make sure all equipment has temperature compensation probes and the are
attached to the battery such that they are reading as close to the same
temperature as possible.

Bill.