cost per kw installed [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Jan 30 19:20:15 PST 2003

Last year we installed 2.8 kW on two Wattsun trackers with an SB2500D for
$30K. That included several site visits (120 miles RT), some AC service
rewiring, permit and interconnection fees, tax, etc. It excluded pole
installation. Another job used 1.2kW on a Wattsun tracker, also with SB2500,
and infrastructure (pole, conduit, tracker power supply feed, etc.) for
adding a second tracked array later, with 175 mile RT and per diem for the
crew, for $15.8K. A flat roof job was 1.5 kW with same inverter for $15.7K.
Our first batteryless GT system (installed on 9/11/00) was 2.24 kW and two
GC-1000s, installed without roof penetrations using 6X12 sleepers on a flat
roof for $27K complete. So that's $10.4-13.2K/kW. We lack the pitched roofs
in New Mexico, so all of our racking and mounting is custom to each job.
Very different story than California installs, I would guess!
Allan at Pos E

> Hello Wrenches
>
> I am mostly looking to the California crews for approximate cost per KW
> installed in your neighborhoods.  I recognize that you are doing more on
> a daily basis which would allow you to lower your installed cost per
> watt.  I am personally trying to get this happening on a larger scale in
> Hawaii.  We don't currently have the incentives that you folks have with
> juicy rebates. We also have shipping costs and higher costs of living
> here to contend with.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm