Federal Bill [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Tue Jan 21 18:03:48 PST 2003

Mo,

Here is a snip from SEIA:

Appropriations Update>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After a record-setting set of Continuing Resolutions, actual
appropriations numbers have emerged from the Congress.  We managed to
get our hands on a printed copy this evening, and it preliminarily looks
like $77 million for PV, $12 million for Solar Buildings (emphasizing
Zero - Energy Buildings,) and $6 million for Concentrating Solar Power.
Some of the earmarks withinthis spending are somewhat troublesome, but
are likely amenable to workafter the bill is authorized.

More good news:

It appears that the CEC has dropped the requirement for mandatory
performance warranty's.  This is good news which keeps liabilities down
on our balance sheets and should help keep the cost of borrowing money
from rising.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com